Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scriptures Supporting the Deity of Christ and the Trinity

Scriptures Supporting the Deity of Christ and the Trinity

By Linwood Kemp on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 7:05pm
This is a compilation of scriptures that support the doctrine of the Trinity and the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.  They were collected by Michele Marshall and Linwood Kemp.  All scriptures are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless otherwise specified.

Scriptures that testify explicitly to the deity of Jesus are in boldface.

DEITY IS ATTRIBUTED TO JESUS

Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a Child is born,
      Unto us a Son is given;
      And the government will be upon His shoulder.
      And His name will be called
      Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
      Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:23
23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Matthew 3:3
 3 “The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
Prepare the way of the LORD;
Make His paths straight.’”
(Also Mark 1:3; Luke 3:4; John 1:23)
[With Isaiah 40:3]
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
Prepare the way of the LORD [YHWH];
 Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God.

Mark 2:7-11
7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
 8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. [The Word is identified as Jesus.]

John 1:18
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son [God - NU], who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 4:13,14
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” 

John 5:23
23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 6:33-35
33 "For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.”
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."

John 6:43-51,53-58
43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
 53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

John 8:23,24
23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58,59
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”  59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds. 
[with Exodus 3:14]
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 10:30-38
 30 [Jesus answered,] "I and the Father are one.” 
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

John 14:1
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me." [Jesus elevates his authority to the level of God.]


John 14:9,10 
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 

John 17:5
5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

John 20:27,28
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Romans 9:5
5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:4
For they [the Hebrews] drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
[With Deuteronomy 32:3,4]
For I proclaim the name of the Lord:
Ascribe greatness to our God.
He is the Rock, His work is perfect.

Gal. 3:19,20
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed [Jesus] should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one. [The mediator here is Moses, but Paul says that there is no other mediator, meaning that the Seed and God are one!]

Philippians 2:5-11
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
[with Isaiah 45:23]
23 I have sworn by Myself;
      The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
      And shall not return,
      That to Me every knee shall bow,
      Every tongue shall take an oath.
[The words in Isaiah are spoken by God.  In Philippians they are applied to Jesus.]

Colossians 1:15-20
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 2:9,10
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
      God [or, Who] was manifested in the flesh,
      Justified in the Spirit,
      Seen by angels,
      Preached among the Gentiles,
      Believed on in the world,
      Received up in glory.

Titus 2:13
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:3
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high

Hebrews 1:8,9
8 But to the Son He says:
      “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
      A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
      9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
      Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
      With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Hebrews 2:14
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil. [The power of his death]

Hebrews 7:26-28
26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

Hebrews 10:30,31
 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The LORD will judge His people.” [Deuteronomy 32:35,36] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
[with John 5:22]
22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.

2 Peter 1:1
1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:2
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us [Christ is eternal]

Revelation 1:8
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
[with Revelation 1:17–18]
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Revelation 4:2,8
2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One [Jesus - Rev. 1:18] sat on the throne. . . 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:
      “Holy, holy, holy,
      Lord God Almighty,
      Who was and is and is to come!”

Revelation 22:13
13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

----------

THE "I AM" STATEMENTS OF JESUS IN THE GOSPEL OF JOHN

John 6:51
51 "I AM the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever."

John 8:12
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 8:23,24
23 And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I AM not of this world.  24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

John 8:58 
58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

John 10:9
9 "I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:11
11 "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."

John 10:36
36 "Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I AM the Son of God'?

John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, "I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live."

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

John 15:1
1 "I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser."

John 19:21
21 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I AM the King of the Jews."'"

----------

JESUS RECEIVED WORSHIP THAT BELONGED TO GOD

Matthew 2:1,2
1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, 2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

Matthew 2:11
11 And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”
[Citing Deutronomy 6:13:] 13 You shall fear the LORD your God and serve Him, and shall take oaths in His name.

Matthew 14:33
33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:9
9 And as they [Mary Magdalene and other women] went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

Matthew 28:16,17
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

Luke 4:8
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”

Luke 24:51,52
51 Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,

John 9:38
38 Then he [the formerly blind man] said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

John 20:27,28
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Romans 1:25
25 [They] exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. [We are not to worship created things.]

Romans 14:10,11
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written:
      “ As I live, says the LORD,
      Every knee shall bow to Me,
      And every tongue shall confess to God.” [Isaiah 45:23]

Philippians 2:9-11
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
[With Isaiah 45:23]
23 I have sworn by Myself;
      The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
      And shall not return,
      That to Me every knee shall bow,
      Every tongue shall take an oath.
[The words in Isaiah are spoken by God.  In Philippians they are applied to Jesus.]

Hebrews 1:6
6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “ Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Revelation 4:2,8-11
2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One [Jesus - Revelation 1:18] sat on the throne. . . 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:
      “Holy, holy, holy,
      Lord God Almighty,
      Who was and is and is to come!”
9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
      11 “You are worthy, O Lord,
      To receive glory and honor and power;
      For You created all things,
      And by Your will they exist and were created.”

Revelation 5:12-14
12 saying with a loud voice:
      “ Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
      To receive power and riches and wisdom,
      And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”
13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
      “ Blessing and honor and glory and power
      Be to Him who sits on the throne,
      And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”
14 Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.

Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

----------

JESUS HAS THE DIVINE POWER OF JUDGMENT
(Note that many verses attribute judgment to God, yet John 5:22 says, "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.")

1 Chronicles 16:33
33 Then the trees of the woods shall rejoice before the LORD, For He is coming to judge the earth.

Psalm 7:8
8 The LORD shall judge the peoples; Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, And according to my integrity within me.

Psalm 9:7,8
7 But the LORD shall endure forever; He has prepared His throne for judgment. 8 He shall judge the world in righteousness, And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.

Psalm 50:6
6 Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge.

Psalm 58:11
11 So that men will say, “Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth.”

Psalm 96:13b
13 For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth.

Ecclesiastes 3:17
17 I said in my heart, “God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.”

Matthew 25:31,32
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats."

John 5:22
22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.

Acts 10:42
42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:30,31
30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Romans 2:12,16
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law . . . 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Romans 12:19
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. [Deuteronomy 32:35]

Romans 14:10
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

1 Corinthians 4:4,5
4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

2 Corinthians 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

2 Timothy 4:1
1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

2 Timothy 4:8
8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Hebrews 10:30,31
30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The LORD will judge His people.” [Deuteronomy 32:35,36] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Revelation 15:3,4
3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:
      “ Great and marvelous are Your works,
      Lord God Almighty!
      Just and true are Your ways,
      O King of the saints!
       4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
      For You alone are holy.
      For all nations shall come and worship before You,
      For Your judgments have been manifested.”

Revelation 20:11-13
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

----------

EXALTED LORDSHIP ATTRIBUTED TO JESUS

Matthew 4:7
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God.’”

Luke 4:12
12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God.’”

Acts 10:36
36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all.

1 Corinthians 12:3
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 1:11
11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:20
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3:18
18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

Revelation 19:11-16
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

----------


THE TRINITY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT (Persons of the Trinity in bold.)

Genesis 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God [the Father] created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. Andthe Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God [the Word] said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

Genesis 1:26a
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness." [The plurality of the Godhead]

Genesis 16:9,14
9 The Angel of the LORD said to [Hagar], “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.” ... 13 Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, “Have I also here seen Him who sees me?” [The Angel of the LORD = YHWH.]

Genesis 22:15
15 Then the Angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD... [The Angel of the LORD = YHWH.]

Genesis 31:11-13
11 Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, ‘Jacob.’ And I said, ‘Here I am.’ 12 And He said, ‘Lift your eyes now and see, all the rams which leap on the flocks are streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted; for I have seen all that Laban is doing to you. 13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and where you made a vow to Me. Now arise, get out of this land, and return to the land of your family.’” [The Angel of God = YHWH.]

Judges 6:11,16
11 Now the Angel of the LORD came and sat under the terebinth tree which was in Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon threshed wheat in the winepress, in order to hide it from the Midianites... 16 Andthe LORD said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.” [The Angel of the LORD = YHWH.]

Isaiah 48:12,13,16
12 “Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,
And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;
When I call to them,
They stand up together.
...
[Note the three Persons:]
16 “Come near to Me, hear this:
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there.
And now the LORD God and His Spirit 
Have sent Me.”

Isaiah 63:7-10
7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD
And the praises of the LORD,
According to all that the Lord has bestowed on us,
And the great goodness toward the house of Israel,
Which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies,
According to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses.
8 For He said, “Surely they are My people,
Children who will not lie.”
So He became their Savior.
9 In all their affliction He was afflicted,
And the Angel of His Presence saved them;
In His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
And He bore them and carried them
All the days of old.
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them.

----------

THE TRINITY SPOKEN OF TOGETHER IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

Matthew 28:19,20
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Romans 15:30
30 Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me.

2 Corinthians 13:14
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Galatians 4:6
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”

Hebrews 9:14
14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear witness [in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.] [The words in brackets are omitted in many manuscripts, but believed to be in the original.]

----------

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON OF THE TRINITY

Psalm 139:7-10
 7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
         Or where can I flee from Your presence?
 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
         If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
 9 If I take the wings of the morning,
         And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
         And Your right hand shall hold me.

Luke 12:10
10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

John 14:17
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 16:7-14
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.

Acts 5:3-4
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

Acts 8:29
29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and overtake this chariot.”

Acts 11:12
12 Then the Spirit told me to go with them, doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered the man’s house.

Acts 13:2
2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

Romans 8:11
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Romans 15:30
30 Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me,

1 Corinthians 2:10-11
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

2 Corinthians 13:14
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Philippians 2:1
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,

Hebrews 9:14
14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 Peter 1:2
2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment